WaterTech Blue Diamond Frequently Asked Questions
Our list of Frequently Asked Questions can help you troubleshoot your Water Tech Blue Diamond Automatic Pool Cleaner.
The Blue Diamond is capable of cleaning large inground pools in an hour or less using high quality parts that are protected by a four year warranty, the longest in the pool cleaner industry. The Blue Diamond uses the best chemical and algae resistant PolyVinyl Alcohol (PVA) brushes available, allowing it to clean any pool surface quickly and effectively. Included with the unit is an internal, reusable micro filter bag that removes debris as small as two microns, keeping your pool free of sand, silt, and algae as well as larger debris like leaves and gravel.
WaterTech Blue Diamond Tips
My cleaner is not moving, why is this happening?
- Check to see if electric outlet has power.
- Check if transformer is plugged into a grounded outlet and the blue cable assembly is plugged into the transformer.
- Switch the power supply “OFF” and “ON” buttons a few times. Allow 45 seconds between “ON” and “OFF”.
- Check for and remove any debris such as hair, string, or leaves that may be obstructing the free movement of the Drive Pulley, Drive, or Drive Tracks.
- Check that the Drive Belts and Drive Tracks are properly aligned and are taut. Adjust or replace if necessary.
If the unit does not pump water at all, or pumps slowly but moves, how can I fix this?
- Check to see if propeller is seized due to accumulation of hair or debris on the propellers. Remove the top screws on each outlet top and clean the propeller. When reassembling the top cover, do not over tighten the screws.
- Check to see if the filter bag is thoroughly clean. Clean as necessary.
- If a and b are negative, check the pump motors. If they are not functioning send the unit to your service center.
What should I do when the unit does not move but does pump water?
- Check to see if forward/reverse motion is obstructed by foreign matter; hair, debris, etc. on drive belts or drive tracks or there is an entanglement with the power cord. Clean as necessary.
- Check if drive belts have slipped out of place. Also check for proper tension of drive belts. If necessary replace belts.
- Check for loose drive motor connections.
- If a, b, and c are negative, check the Master and Slave motors. If one or the other is not functioning, send the unit to your service center.
My cleaner is not picking up dirt and debris.
- Check 2a and 2b of this guide.
- Check the Intake Valve Flaps on the underside of your unit. The Flaps should move freely to open and close. Clean and free the Valve Flaps if necessary.
Unit does not seem to cover the entire pool, what can I do?
- Most likely a thorough cleaning of the filter bag is needed.
- Check to see that the blue cable is properly spread out and is untangled.
- Allow the unit to run in the pool for the entire cleaning cycle.
- Make sure that the Floating Handle is locked diagonally across the top of your unit’s body.
- Check that the Pump Motor is operating. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section titled “Moves But Does Not Pick Up Dirt And Debris”
- After following all of the above, if there is still a problem, call your dealer for specific additional assistance.
The remote control (optional) does not operate properly.
- Check the battery in the Remote Control Transmitter, replace if necessary.
- Make sure that you activate the RC System no more than 30 meters away from the Transformer, pointing the control box to the antenna.
- If there is still a problem with the RC System, call your service center for assistance.
Debris comes out of the cleaner when removing it from the pool, how can I correct this?
- Lock Tabs -Check that the Lock Tabs are not warped. They should be straight and aligned with the unit’s body.
- Intake Valves – Check that the Intake Valve Flaps on the underside of your unit (in the Bottom Lid ) move freely to open and close. Clean Flaps if necessary.
The cable is twisted, what is the best way to fix this?
- Reverse the diagonal position of the handle.
- Use the E-Z swivel as shown below.
Additional Safety Tips from Our Pool Experts
- Shut off and unplug the power supply every time you remove the cleaner from the water.
- Clean the filter bag after every cycle.
- Reverse the handle after every cleaning cycle to avoid tangling the cable.
- Periodically straighten out the floating cable.
- Replace worn brushes to ensure maximum cleaning performance
- Make sure that your pool cleaner positions itself properly on the wall. The machine handle must rest parallel to the water line upon reaching the surface of the water.
- Save your cleaner’s packaging for off-season storage or for shipping the unit to your dealer if service is required.
- Leave your pool cleaner in the water for 15 to 20 minutes after every cleaning cycle.
- Do not leave your cleaner in direct sunlight when not in use.
- Never leave the power supply in direct sunlight and avoid leaving it in the rain.
- Occasionally, you should rinse your cleaner in clean, fresh water. This will lengthen the service life of the drive belts, drive tracks and scrubbing brushes.
Clean the propeller once a month
Before troubleshooting, the pool cleaner must be disconnected from the power supply and the power supply must be unplugged from the electrical outlet to prevent damage to the unit and possible personal injury.
Inground Pool Cleaners
Inground pool cleaners feature high-quality components and advanced technology for maximum energy efficiency plus incredible ease of operation, no hoses, hookups or extra pumps required. Robotic pool cleaners also run separately from the pool’s filtration system, reducing filter backwash frequency to save both time and money.Shop Products
About The Pool Factory
America’s Above Ground Pool Experts – is the best place to find everything you need to make owning a swimming pool or spa fun and easy, at the best prices today. With a combined 50+ years of experience The Pool Factory employs a highly trained staff of above ground and semi inground pool specialists. The Pool Factory can provide unique solutions for all pool supplies and swimming pool needs.