How Many Boxes of Filtra Balls To Use With Your Sand Filter System
Filtra Balls can be used in place of Silica sand. Learn how many boxes of Filtra Balls to use with your Sand Filter system using our helpful guide below.
Filtra Balls are a filter media that can replace the silica sand inside of your sand filter system. They are reusable, eco-friendly and made from 100% polyethylene. These tiny balls will last for years while filtering particles down to 3 microns. Filtra Balls have several benefits over using traditional silica sand.
- Significantly lighter than silica sand (1 box of Filtra Balls weighs less than 2 lbs and is equivalent to 50 pounds of normal filter sand)
- Eliminates the need to haul and dispose of hundreds of pounds of sand.
- Lower system pressure than sand
- Higher flow rates than sand
- No Clogging
- Long Product Life, and Washer and Dryer Friendly
- Easy to Dispose of and Non Toxic
Sand Filter System – Filtra Ball Requirements
The following table contains common sand filter systems available at The Pool Factory and the recommended amount of Filtra Balls that should be purchased with the sand filter system.
|Boxes Of Filtra Balls
|Hayward S166T 16" Sand Filter System
|Hayward S180T 18" Sand Filter System
|Hayward S210T 20" Sand Filter System
|Hayward S230T 23" Sand Filter System
|Pentair SD40 Sand Filter
|AquaPro 19" Sand Filter System
|AquaPro 24" Sand Filter System
|Hydrotools 16" Sand Filter System
|Hydrotools 19" Sand Filter System
|Hydrotools 24" Sand Filter System