Frog Pool Tender Installation Instructions
Learn how to install a Frog Pool Tender to your existing filter system by following our step by step guide.
The Frog Pool Tender Cycler should always be installed between the filter return line and the return jet of the pool (or outlet of heater and return jet of pool if applicable). Never install the Frog Pool Tender Cycler before the heater. Any additional sanitizing equipment that is installed with Frog Pool Tender Cycler must be installed after Frog Pool Tender Cycler (never before) on the return line to the pool.
- Pipe Wrench
INCLUDED WITH FROG Tender Cycler
- Pipe Thread Tape or Sealant
- One 6” X 1 ½” TBE PVC Nipple
- One Hose Adapter 1 ½” X 1 ½” X 1 ¼” (provided with filter)
- One section of 1 ½” Flex Hose (provided with filter)
- One hose clamp (provided with filter)
- Corrosion Resistant Check Valve
- 4-8 psi Back Pressure (To avoid over or under chlorination, replace eye ball fittings in the return jet to a smaller or larger size to adjust back pressure.)
Apply pipe thread tape or sealant to each threaded end of nipple.
Screw one end of nipple into the filter return. Hand tighten. Finish tightening by turning 1 to 2 revolutions with wrench.
Screw either side of Frog Pool Tender Cycler on to open nipple end until upright and secure. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
Apply pipe thread tape or sealant to threaded end of hose adapter.
Screw adapter into the other side of Frog Pool Tender Cycler. Hand tighten. Finish tightening by turning 1 to 2 revolutions with wrench. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
Attach return section of hose to the adapter with clamp. Tighten clamp with screwdriver.
For better stability, Frog Pool Tender Cycler may be mounted on a treated wood base using Phillips pan head screws, one in the front and two in the back. If you have questions about stability, please contact your dealer of King Technology.