Platinum Filtra Balls for Sand Filters 700g
- Replaces sand in pool sand filters
- 700g (1.5lb box) is equal to 50lbs of filter/silica sand
- Best filtration media on the market
- Filtra Balls are 10 times more efficient than sand, with a filtration rate of 3 microns
- 90% fewer backwashes, which means less water is wasted and energy cost savings
- Significantly lighter than sand, easier to handle
- No more sand in the pool
- Higher flow rate than sand
- Long product life - 100% polyethylene
- Reusable, Non-toxic and Eco-friendly
- Not compatible with the use of flocculant or clarifiers
- Click here to view the correct amount of boxes to use for your filtration system How Many Boxes of Filtra Balls To Use With Your Sand Filter System
Platinum Filtra Balls are a light weight filter media that can replace the silica sand inside of your sand filter system. They are reusable, eco-friendly and made from 100% polyethylene. These tiny balls will last for years while filtering particles down to 3 microns. No need to haul head heavy bags of sand with this light weight alternative filter media.
Brand / ManufacturerThe company manufactures, markets and distributes above ground and in-ground swimming pool cleaning equipment, accessories, part/fittings, and game/leisure accessories. Their products are sold to pool and spa retailers, builders, distributors, and mass merchandisers in 23 countries around the world including the U.S., Canada and Europe. Champlain Plastics provides innovative, high quality, value-priced pool and spa accessories to distributors, retailers and their customers.
Support / Downloads
Review by Pete on Jun 25, 2020
So we ordered these for our inground pool. And let me tell you amazing. Sure taking the 250lbs of sand out was a pain(use a shop vac) but these were a breeze to put in and get the pool up and running. Water is crystal clear and no issues. Dont have to backwash as often as sand tanks. If you want an easier way to clean your pool than order these!.
Review by Diane on Oct 19, 2019 Verified Purchase
This is our first year using these as a suggestion from the EXTREMELY helpful agent at The Pool Factory. They are AMAZING! I have saved TONS of $$ in chemicals! I only had to have my pool filter running about 6 hours a day (compared to 24-7 before!). I only had to backwash THREE times this summer and that was really only because I had vacuumed the pool! I just pulled them out for winterizing the pool and it was easy. Now, on to wash and dry them and put them in a bag in our shed till spring! I HIGHLY recommend that you switch to this product from sand!
Review by Marie on May 28, 2019
I was a little bit suspicious but let me tell you, i'm now convinced that this is the best alternative to filter my pool water. for decades I used DE and sand, these filtraballs have the same efficiency of DE and not as heavy as sand.
You can clean Filtra Balls at any time using this recommended procedure:
1. Remove the Filtra Balls from the filter tank.
2. Place the Filtra Balls into a large bucket or container.
3. Add water and a cartridge cleaning solution (follow directions on the bottle regarding the amount required and the duration of the soaking)
4. Blot the balls to remove excess water and let them dry in the sun.