Platinum Filtra Balls for Sand Filters 700g
- Replaces sand in pool sand filters
- 700g (1.5lb box) is equal to 50lbs of filter/silica sand
- Best filtration media on the market
- Filtra Balls are 10 times more efficient than sand, with a filtration rate of 3 microns
- 90% fewer backwashes, which means less water is wasted and energy cost savings
- Significantly lighter than sand, easier to handle
- No more sand in the pool
- Higher flow rate than sand
- Long product life - 100% polyethylene
- Reusable, Non-toxic and Eco-friendly
- Not compatible with the use of flocculant or clarifiers
- Click here to view the correct amount of boxes to use for your filtration system How Many Boxes of Filtra Balls To Use With Your Sand Filter System
Platinum Filtra Balls are a light weight filter media that can replace the silica sand inside of your sand filter system. They are reusable, eco-friendly and made from 100% polyethylene. These tiny balls will last for years while filtering particles down to 3 microns. No need to haul head heavy bags of sand with this light weight alternative filter media.
Support / Downloads
Review by Diane on Oct 19, 2019 Verified Purchase
This is our first year using these as a suggestion from the EXTREMELY helpful agent at The Pool Factory. They are AMAZING! I have saved TONS of $$ in chemicals! I only had to have my pool filter running about 6 hours a day (compared to 24-7 before!). I only had to backwash THREE times this summer and that was really only because I had vacuumed the pool! I just pulled them out for winterizing the pool and it was easy. Now, on to wash and dry them and put them in a bag in our shed till spring! I HIGHLY recommend that you switch to this product from sand!
Review by Marie on May 28, 2019
I was a little bit suspicious but let me tell you, i'm now convinced that this is the best alternative to filter my pool water. for decades I used DE and sand, these filtraballs have the same efficiency of DE and not as heavy as sand.
You can clean Filtra Balls at any time using this recommended procedure:
1. Remove the Filtra Balls from the filter tank.
2. Place the Filtra Balls into a large bucket or container.
3. Add water and a cartridge cleaning solution (follow directions on the bottle regarding the amount required and the duration of the soaking)
4. Blot the balls to remove excess water and let them dry in the sun.